If your business is looking for fixes and features, please get in touch by email.
Please support my work and GPL open-source software by buying the donation version of this program called aRDP Pro!
If you have questions, please don’t post a negative review, rather, ask your question on the forum so everybody benefits:
Check out my VNC Viewer as well
Current known issues:
– May not work for accounts with no password, please let me know if it works.
– May not work for users with Cyrillic letters in the user name, please let me know if it works.
aRDP is a secure, SSH capable, open source Remote Desktop Protocol client that uses the excellent FreeRDP library and parts of aFreeRDP. Its features include:
– Remote desktop control of computers running any version of Windows except Windows 10 Home. Install a VNC server for Windows 10 Home and use bVNC
– Remote desktop control of Linux computers with xrdp installed.
– Master password in the Pro version
– Multi-factor (two-factor) SSH authentication in the Pro version
– Sound redirection in the Pro version
– SDcard redirection
– Console mode
– Fine control over remote desktop session styling
– Multi-touch control over the remote mouse. One finger tap left-clicks, two-finger tap right-clicks, and three-finger tap middle-clicks
– Right and middle-dragging if you don’t lift the first finger that tapped
– Scrolling with a two-finger drag
– Force Landscape, Immersive Mode, Keep Screen Awake options in Main Menu
– Dynamic resolution changes, allowing you to reconfigure your desktop while connected, and control over virtual machines from BIOS to OS
– Full rotation support. Use the central lock rotation on your device to disable rotation
– Multi-language support
– Full mouse support on Android 4.0+
– Full desktop visibility even with soft keyboard extended
– SSH tunneling for added security or to reach machines behind a firewall.
– UI Optimizations for different screen sizes (for tablets and smartphones)
– Samsung multi-window support
– SSH public/private (pubkey) support
– Importing encrypted/unencrypted RSA keys in PEM format, unencrypted DSA keys in PKCS#8 format
– Automatic connection session saving
– Zoomable, Fit to Screen, and One to One scaling modes
– Two Direct, one Simulated Touchpad, and one Single-handed input modes
– Long-tap to get a choice of clicks, drag modes, scroll, and zoom in single-handed input mode
– Stowable on-screen Ctrl/Alt/Tab/Super and arrow keys
– Sending ESC key using the “Back” button of your device
– Ability to use D-pad for arrows, and to rotate D-pad for some bluetooth keyboards
– Minimum zoom fits screen, and snaps to 1:1 while zooming
– FlexT9 and hardware keyboard support
– Available on-device help on creating a new connection in the Menu when setting up connections
– Available on-device help on available input modes in the Menu when connected
– Tested with Hackerskeyboard. Using it is recommended (get hackers keyboard from Google Play).
– Export/Import of settings
– Choosing a different color depth
Instructions on how to enable Remote Desktop on Windows:
Instructions on using RDP with Linux:
– Install the xrdp package on Linux. Then, connect to your machine’s IP/host, port 3389 with your Linux credentials.
aRDP is the sister project of bVNC and they share a common code-base. GPL source code here: